This will be a long series. Cheers, D
1. Since Maya 2017 Update 3 we have a nice additional scripting feature called DASH.
An example (randomizing positions in X and Z):
- Select more than one object
- Highlight (select) some attributes in the Channel Box (maybe Translate X and Z)
- ALT+RMB (on the selected channels)
- Type: rand(-500,500)
2. You can change the decimal precision in the Channel Box
Channel Box -> Edit -> Settings -> Change Precision.
3. Displacement Preview in Viewport
If you using a displacement shader (connected to the shadingEngine node) just press ALT+3. (This works with Arnold, Redshift and the standard Maya shaders as well.)
4. You can set a default scene to start with
Go to File -> New Scene – Option Box -> turn on Enable Default Scene, Select a previously saved scene file.
5. To undo camera movement with “z” (or Ctrl+z)
Select the camera. Turn on Undoable Movements in Attribute Editor -> Movement Options section.