The coolest MEL script based tool ever is the Kludge City tool from Ed Whetstone.
I successfully modified that so now it can be used with Arnold.
Of course all credits goes to mister Ed Whetstone. Thank you for your help.
- Now it generates aiStandardSurface shaders
- The Nightscape option is available
- Removed a few old Maya flags
Make sure your mtoa plug-in turned on.
Works with every Maya version if you have installed Arnold 5.
Later I will tweek a few things.
How to use it:
- Copy the two files into your script folder.
Something like this: Documents\maya\2019\scripts
- Restart Maya than use the
command to start. 🙂