Finally, I had the time to modify the Quixel Bridge to Clarisse plug-in.
Tested with Clarisse 5.x, and 5.5 (Angie) as well.
How to use it:
- Close Bridge and Clarisse.
- Replace the original SetupPlugin.py file inside the \Megascans\Library\support\plugins\clarisse\1.4\MSLiveLink folder with this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1jsmsz2y2lgk36/SetupPlugin.py?dl=0
For Clarisse 5/python 3 version users check my previous post as well:
Quixel Bridge vs Clarisse 5/Python 3
What did I change? Well, a lot of things:
- There is no point to use the old standard shader or the Disney shader.
- I used the Autodesk Standard Surface, to get more and better control.
- I changed the attribute connections of course (different attribute names).
- Displacement offset is now set to -0.5 as always should be, for textures where the non-displacing value is 0.5 gray (you still have to fix the textures of course).
- Different Displace settings for Surfaces and 3d objects
(because of the different scale offsets).
- 3d Assets:
- front_value: 10
- bounds: 20
- front_value: 0.1
- bounds: 0.2
- 3d Assets:
- I set the single_channel_file_behavior to 1 (Force Luminance) for every texture_map (this will not change the behavior of the color maps but for compatibility reasons I’ll turned it on).
- Translucency connections and material settings for 3d Plants.
- Thin Walled is turned on.
- Double sided is turned on (for compatibility reasons).
- The Translucency texture is now connected as SSS Color (with Thin Walled turned on that means Translucency).
- The Specular Color “nonsense” is now disabled.
I think that’s it.
Hi, can tou share the 1.4 entire folder? the download inside the bridge is not working
Id did not change the Bridge itself, just the script which handles the importing and shading part.
Try to change the download format for the geometry.