Finally, Maya supports environment map reflections in Viewport 2.0 (without any additional work in Hypershade – Env Ball node and a lot of ramp).
Not perfect, but it’s a good start.
Works well with the aiStandard shader (as well as the Maya standard shaders).
The new features are:
- Specular Roughness Value -> Blurred reflections
- IOR Value -> Fresnel modulation
- f0 Value -> Reflectance at Normal
As far as I can tell You can’t use roughness, IOR and f0 maps (a bug maybe?) and unfortunately the SkyDome Light is a light type object so it doesn’t get the DOF effect. 😦
Still, this is a long-awaited update for Viewport 2.0.
How to use it:
- Create an Arnold SkyDome Light
- Connect a hdr (lat-long) panoramic image (set the Color Space to Raw)
- Turn on the lights in Viewport 2.0